6 Ways to Avoid Hidden Building Costs
The process of building your dream home can be exciting, but it can just as easily become stressful watching costs rise and building timetables get off track.
realestate.com.au offers tips for avoiding common stressors and keeping costs down:
- Ensure you shop around and receive as direct a comparison as possible.
- Watch out for the word ‘estimate’. This can often mean hidden costs, so ask for a fixed price. Another word to watch out for is ‘pending’.
- Be wary of bonus offers. There is truth to the saying ‘it sounds too good to be true’.
- Don’t be fooled into thinking you will get the exact design of the display home, which often features a lot of extras not listed in your price.
- A new home should automatically come with the minimum six star energy efficiency rating, without which you will have to pay extra.
- Ensure your builder will leave you with a user-friendly backyard.